HI6025Accounting Theory and Current Issue
TRIMESTER 1, 2016
Assessment Value: 20%
1.This assignment is to be submitted in accordance with assessment policy stated in the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
2.It is the responsibility of the student who is submitting the work, to ensure that the work is, in fact, her/his own work. Incorporating another’s work or ideas into one’s own work without appropriate acknowledgment is an academic offense. Students can submit all assignments for plagiarism checking (self- check) on Blackboard before final submission in the subject. For further details, please refer to the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
3.Maximum marks available: 20 marks.
4.Due date of submission: Friday Week 6
5.An assignment should be of 1,000 words each (2000 words in total). Please use “word count” and include in the report.
Assignment Question 1 (10 Marks, 1000 Words)
Read the following quotation from Miller and Reading (1986, p. 64). If constituency support is necessary before particular accounting approaches become embodied in accounting standards, does this have implications for the ‘neutrality’ and ‘representational faithfulness’ (qualitative characteristics that exist in various conceptual framework projects around the world) of reports generated in accordance with accounting standards?
“The mere discovery of a problem is not sufficient to assure that the Financial Accounting Standards Board will undertake its solution … There must be a suitably high likelihood that the Board can resolve the issues in a manner that will be acceptable to the constituency—without some prior sense of the likelihood that the Board members will be able to reach a consensus, it is generally not advisable to undertake a formal project”.
Assignment Question 2 (10 Marks, 1000 words)
As Watts and Zimmerman (1986, p. 7) state, Positive Accounting Theory ‘is concerned with explaining the [accounting] practice. It is designed to explain and predict which firms will and which firms will not use a particular accounting method … but it says nothing as to which method a firm should use’. Do you think that this represents an ‘abrogation’ of the academics’ duty to serve the community that supports them?
Our Essay Writing Service Guarantees:
- Expert custom writing experience as per the specifications in APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, or Harvard Formatting.
- Timely delivery of your custom paper.
- 100% Plagiarism-free.
- 24/7 Customer Support.
- Expert Writers with many years in the academic writing. Your paper will be assigned a writer who is qualified in your area of study.
- We do not resell your assignments. All custom written essays and research papers are not available for sale to any other client.
- Affordable Prices. We offer the cheapest prices for custom essays, research papers, term papers, capstone papers, dissertations, thesis or any other assignment paper type.
- 100% Confidentiality of your personal information.
- You can trust us to write a COMPLEX or HARD assignment. We have PhDs in every field ready to assist!